WINTHROP LIBRARY MEDIA CENTER
Virtual Library links
Massachusetts Children's Book Award 2020-2021
Summer Reading List 2020
Newbery Award Winners
Caldecott Award Winners
American Revolution Scavenger Hunt
Find the answers to these questions by clicking on the title above each picture. Record your answers on the American Revolution document in Google Classroom. Be sure to turn it in when you are done!
1. “No taxation without _______________!” became the battle cry of the colonists.
2. The Townshend Acts of 1767 levied a tax on imported goods such as glass, paper, paint, lead, and:
3. List at least three items that The Sugar Act taxed.
4. The Stamp Act of 1765 was a tax to help the British pay for what war?
5. Who asked colonial merchants not to sell British Goods?
6. Who defended the British soldiers in their trial for the Boston Massacre?
7. The “Boston Massacre Engraving” (the picture shown here) was a piece of propaganda created by what famous patriot?
8. In what year did the Boston Tea Party occur?
9. In April of 1775, shots were fired in what two towns?
10. Our town of Hamilton, Massachusetts, was named after Alexander Hamilton, one of the founding fathers. During the Revolutionary War, he was an aide to what famous general?
BrainPOP: Causes of the American Revolution
Road to Revolution for Kids: The Sugar Act
Ducksters: American Revolution - The Stamp Act
Road to Revolution for Kids - The Townshend Acts
American Revolution: Boston Massacre
PBS: Timeline of the Revolution
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.